Events, Fairs & Festivals
- August 16 to 25 – Fatacil showing large exhibition areas on Trade, Industry, Agriculture, Institutions, Traditional and Modern Handicrafts, Regional Gastronomy, Native and Exotic Breeds, Fun Zones and a top-quality entertainment programme with music concerts by Portuguese renown artists and bands. Lagoa, Starts at 6pm. Tickets daily €4, family (4 people) €14, free entry for children under 12
- August 22 to 25 – “Magic Minutes” by illusionist Mário Daniel. Portimão Municipal Theatre, 9.30pm. Tickets €12, available from venue, tempo.bol.pt, Fnac, Worten
- August 22 to 25 – International Masters Futsal gathering a dream cast with four of the best futsal teams in the world: Sporting Lisbon, Sport Lisboa e Benfica, Movistar Inter FS and AFC Kairat. 22nd – 4th ‘City of Portimão’ Trophee – Portimonense x Kairat Almaty (European silver medallist), 9pm. 23rd Gira Mega-Crack, 5pm. Portimão Arena. Tickets http://www.bol.pt
- Until August 31 – Lagoa’s Active Summer Zumba & Yoga. Tues 6.30pm Zumba Praia de Carvoeiro; Weds 6.30pm Yoga Sitio das Fontes; Thurs 6.30pm Zumba Praia do Pintadinho, Sat 9.30am Yoga Praia Grande
- September 14 to October 1 – 6th International Lagoa Guitar Festival. With concerts by master guitar players and two masterclasses focused on classic viola (September 27) and Manouche guitar (September 28). Various locations. Tickets available at Fnac, Worten.
- Until November 30 – Sand City, currently the biggest sand sculpture festival in the world. EN 125, Lombos, Lagoa. Tickets €11.90 adults, €9.50 senior, €5.90 children 6 to 12. 10am to 10pm
- Until August 25 – “Listen to the Ocean” by B.J Boulter. Museu de Portimão
- Until August 31 – Visit Alfanzina Lighthouse (Carvoeiro). Tuesday to Sunday 2.30pm to 6.30pm
- Until September 29 – “A Stroll Through History | Portimão Riverside”. Praça Manuel Teixeira Gomes, Portimão
- Until October 30 – “Reencounter” works by Hein Semke. Portimão Museum
- Until November 10 – Do I Still see the Algarve from My Window? Photography by Filipe da Palma. Portimão Museum
Music, Dance & Theatre
- August 24 – Carvoeiro Beach Party. Beach square, 8pm to 3am
- Every Friday – BBQ at Vila Vita Biergarten (next to Porches roundabout) from 7pm with The Dixie Kings. Reservations: 282 381 177.
- Until October 15 – Live Music every night, Carvoeiro Square, 8pm to 12am
Markets in the Carvoeiro area
- Market in Lagoa: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) in front of Fatacil.
- Flea market in Lagoa: 4th Sunday of each month, Fatacil
- Flea market in Estombar: last Saturday of each month at the Parque de Feiras e Exposições (Fairs and exhibitions park)
- Flea market in Ferragudo: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) from 8am to 1pm
- Lagoa Bio Market: last Saturday of every month until October.