Events, Fairs & Festivals
- Until March 6 – 26th Algarve Cup. Mar 4 Iceland x Scotland 2pm and Holland x Poland 5.30pm; Mar 6 Final 5pm. Parchal, Estádio da Bela Vista
- March 1 to 5 – Portimão Carnaval: 1st Portimão, Praça da República, 10.30am; 2nd Alvor 4pm, Praia da Rocha 5pm, Portimão riverside 6pm; 3rd Mexilhoeira Grande 3.30pm; 5th Portimão 3.30pm
- March 3 to 6 – Lagoa Carnaval: 3rd Mexilhoeira da Carregação 3pm; 5th Lagoa by auditorium 3pm; 6th Ferragudo 9pm
- Until March 3 – Paintings by Inna Hawker. Lagoa Municipal Library. Opening February 4, 4pm
- Until March 4 – Joint exhibition with the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation. Portimão Museum.
- Until March 8 – Illustrations by Ana Rita Afonso’s students. Escola de Artes Mestre Fernando Rodrigues
- Until March 22 – “New Gods start Fires” paintings by Timo Dillner. EMARP, Portimão Mon – Fri 8.30am – 5.30pm
- Until March 31 – “On the Path of the Iberian Lynx”. Silves Castle. 9am – 8pm. €2.80. 282 440 837
Music & Dance
- March 8 & 9 – Jazz in Wineries | Paulo Strak Trio. Barranco do Vale, Messines, 8th 9pm and 9th 5pm. Tickets €12. 282 440 800. www.cmsilves.bol.pt
- March 15 & 16 – Jazz in Wineries | Tamal Hot Band. Convento do Paraíso, Silves, 15th 9pm and 16th 5pm. Tickets €12. 282 440 800. www.cmsilves.bol.pt
Markets in the Carvoeiro area
- Market in Lagoa: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) in front of Fatacil.
- Flea market in Lagoa: 4th Sunday of each month, Fatacil
- Flea market in Estombar: last Saturday of each month at the Parque de Feiras e Exposições (Fairs and exhibitions park)
- Flea market in Ferragudo: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) from 8am to 1pm
- Lagoa Bio Market: last Saturday of every month until October.