Events, Fairs & Festivals
- Until October 14 – Algarve Spa Week. This Year’s theme is “Bio & Balance”. Luxury treatments at irresistible prices. www.algarve-spa-week.com
- October 15-18 – Copa AFIA 2018. The 4th edition of the international tournament will take place in the Bela Vista stadium, Parchal. The competition features 450 veteran football players (motly Brazillian, among which some football ledgends). 9am to 6pm. www.afiasoccer.com
- October 17-21 – Algarve Smooth Jazz Festival. Bringing together some of the biggest names in jazz, funk and soul music against the unparalleled backdrop of the five-star resort, the festival is headlined by renowned guitarist and Grammy winner, Norman Brown, and Peter White. Jeff Lorber Fusion, Rocco Ventrella, Lin Rountree and Lindsey Webster will also appear at this special event.
- Until November 4 – Rota do Petisco. Now in its eighth year, the event welcomes Portimão, Lagoa, Silves, Monchique, Lagos, Vila do Bispo, Aljezur, Faro, Albufeira and Olhão. Participating establishments serve petiscos (tapas) specially conceived for the event at accessible prices – €3 for savoury dishes and €2 for sweet.
- Until October 14 – “Summer Secrets” paintings by Meinke Flesseman. Portimão Museum
- Until October 27 – Lagoa Cooperative Winery – Origins and Rise. Municipal Market
- Until October 28 – “People of the Land and Sea”. Portimão Museum
Music & Dance
- October 13 – Moda Vestra, by João Frade, Ana Perfeito and Sickonce. Lagoa Municipal Auditorium, 9.30pm. Tickets €5/www.ticketline.sapo.pt. 282 380 452
- October 6 – “Tour Maria 2018” – Miguel Gameiro. Portimão Municipal Theatre, 9.30pm. Tickets €10. 282 402 475
- October 11 – Casa Invites | Portimão Choir Group. Casa Manuel Teixeira Gomes, 7pm
Markets in the Carvoeiro area
- Market in Lagoa: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) in front of Fatacil.
- Flea market in Lagoa: 4th Sunday of each month, Fatacil
- Flea market in Estombar: last Saturday of each month at the Parque de Feiras e Exposições (Fairs and exhibitions park)
- Flea market in Ferragudo: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) from 8am to 1pm
- Lagoa Bio Market: last Saturday of every month until October.