Events, Fairs & Festivals
- February 22 — Lagoa will host the 3rd stage of the 45th Volta ao Algarve. Cyclists will complete a 20.3km route between 12-noon and 5pm. www.voltaaoalgarve.com
- Until July 11 – Free tango lessons, the first two Thursdays of every month. Anyone can sign up at the Lagoa municipal library, where the lessons will be held between 5.30pm and 7pm. Registration can be made at the Lagoa Library
- Until February 24 – “Sports in Portuguese Philately” Stamps exhibition. Portimão Museum.
- Until March 3 – Paintings by Inna Hawker. Lagoa Municipal Library. Opening February 4, 4pm
- Until March 4 – Joint exhibition with the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation. Portimão Museum.
- Until March 8 – Illustrations by Ana Rita Afonso’s students. Escola de Artes Mestre Fernando Rodrigues
Music & Dance
- February 21 – Moda Vestra by João Frade, Ana Perfeito and Sickonce. Portimão Municipal Theatre, 9.30pm. Tickets €5. 282 402 475
- February 22 & 23 – Jazz in Wineries | Analog Music Project. JAAP, Silves, 22nd 9pm and 23rd 5pm. Tickets €12. 282 440 800. www.cmsilves.bol.pt
Markets in the Carvoeiro area
- Market in Lagoa: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) in front of Fatacil.
- Flea market in Lagoa: 4th Sunday of each month, Fatacil
- Flea market in Estombar: last Saturday of each month at the Parque de Feiras e Exposições (Fairs and exhibitions park)
- Flea market in Ferragudo: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) from 8am to 1pm
- Lagoa Bio Market: last Saturday of every month until October.