Events, Fairs & Festivals
- Until May 31 – 1st Lagoa International Cinema Festival.
Entitled ‘ALGARES,’ the festival will feature everything from movie screenings and classes to conferences and exhibitions.
- June 1 – Craft Beer Fest at Vila Vita Biergarten in Porches. Enjoy excellent craft beer in an authentic Bavarian beer garden setting with a live performance by award wining portuguese band Dead Combo whose sounds are a unique mix of jazz, fado, rock, african and south american rhythms. There will be street food available. From 6.30pm. Free entry
- June 1 & 2 – International Children’s Day celebrations in Lagoa. Municipal Auditorium square, 9.30am to 11.30am and 5pm to 9.30pm. With street entertainment, face painting, bouncy castles, workshops and much more
- Until November 10 – Fiesa 2018. Pêra, 10am to 10pm.
FIESA is the largest sand sculpture exhibition ever built, attracting thousands of visitors every year. As always the sand is hand-carved by sculptors from around the world using 40,000 tonnes of sand, covering 15,000sqm, with some sculptures reaching 12 metres in height!
- May 30 to June 22 – Collective Arts and Crafts exhibition by the Associação de Artesãos do Algarve. Escola de Artes Mestre Fernando Rodrigues
- Until June 23 – Paintings by Clotilde Fava. Convento de S. José. Tue–Sat 9am – 12.30pm & 2pm – 5.30pm
Music & Dance
- May 19 – Azores Singing Group. Lagoa Municipal Auditorium, 9.30pm. 282 380 452
- May 25 – Paulo Gonzo. Centro de Congressos do Arade, 9.30pm. 282 498 577
Markets in the Carvoeiro area
- Market in Lagoa: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) in front of Fatacil.
- Flea market in Lagoa: 4th Sunday of each month, Fatacil
- Flea market in Estombar: last Saturday of each month at the Parque de Feiras e Exposições (Fairs and exhibitions park)
- Flea market in Ferragudo: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) from 8am to 1pm
- Lagoa Bio Market: last Saturday of every month until October.