- Lagoa Dance Festival, 16-07-2016http://www.ideiasdolevante.net
Fairs and Markets
- Cultural market of lights 7th until the 10th of July 2016, Lagoa.
Festivities and Festivals
- Snail Festival, 13th until the 17th of July 2016, Lagoa.
- 35th International motorbike meeting (FARO)
This is one of the biggest and most mythical motorbike meets in the whole of Europe.
Every year, thousands of bikers from Portugal and abroad, head to Faro for four days of great concerts and lots of entertainment.Start Date:14-07-2016 Finish Date:17-07-2016Venue:Vale das Almas, Tickets:€45 – RegistrationLocation:Faro, Organisation:Moto Clube de FaroContacts:T. 289 823 845 / 917 639 598
World Powerboat Championships, 29-31 July, Portimao – Round 3 of the 2016 F1H2O World Championship for powerboat racing.
- Portimão Sardine Festival – “Festival da Sardinha” 3rd – 7th August 2016 – western Algarve: Taking place at Parque de Feiras e Exposições de Portimão. Not only are there bucket loads of the Algarve’s finest and freshest sardines, but there’s music and entertainment well into the night too.
- FIESA 2016 – 14th Edition of the International Sand Sculpture Festival in Pêra, Algarve: FIESA is the largest sand sculpture exhibition ever built, attracting thousands of visitors every year. This year the theme is music and as always the sand is hand-carved by sculptors from around the world using 40,000 tonnes of sand, covering 15,000m², with some sculptures reaching 12 metres in height! Entrance costs 9€ for adults 4.50€ for kids from 6 to 12 years (up to 5 years get in free) and there’s a 15% discount for over 65s. For more information visit FIESA International Sand Sculpture Festival.
- Markets in the Carvoeiro area
- Market in Lagoa: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) in front of the Fatacil.
- Flea market in Lagoa: 4th Sunday of each month, at the Fatacil
- Flea market in Estombar: last Saturday of each month at the Parque de Feiras e Exposições (Fairs and exhibitions park)
- Flea market in Ferragudo: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) from 08.00h to 13.00h.