Events, Fairs & Festivals
- April 22 – Quinta dos Vales Open Door.
Presentation of new wines, regional products, wine tastings, shows. 11am to 7pm. Tasting glass €3. Free admission. 282 431 036
- April 14 to 22 – Algarve Spa Week. Nine Spas offering treatments with 50% discount.
- April 29 – 1st Lagoa Triathlon. Praia Grande, Ferragudo.
A 1.5km sea swim, followed by 43km cycle and a 10km run.
- Until November 10 – Fiesa 2018. Pêra, 10am to 10pm.
FIESA is the largest sand sculpture exhibition ever built, attracting thousands of visitors every year. As always the sand is hand-carved by sculptors from around the world using 40,000 tonnes of sand, covering 15,000sqm, with some sculptures reaching 12 metres in height!
- Until April 27 — Paintings by Clara Andrade. Escola de Artes Mestre Rogrigues Lagoa
- Until April 30 – “Spring” paintings by Estrela Gomes at the Lagoa Municipal Library
Music & Dance
- April 21 — Meet and Greet April | Algarve Jazz Orchestra and Ana Rita Inácio. Lagoa Municipal Auditorium, 9.30pm. Tickets €8 available from Ticketline, Worten, Fnac, Convento S. José (282 380 434) and venue (282 380 453).
- April 28 – Cuca Roseta in Concert. Centro de Congressos do Arade, Parchal, 9.30pm.Tickets from €15 available from Bol.pt
Markets in the Carvoeiro area
- Market in Lagoa: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) in front of Fatacil.
- Flea market in Lagoa: 4th Sunday of each month, Fatacil
- Flea market in Estombar: last Saturday of each month at the Parque de Feiras e Exposições (Fairs and exhibitions park)
- Flea market in Ferragudo: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) from 08.00h to 13.00h.